
Lunar Eclipse
Before it all Starts ---->
To All,
Well - I finally made it to the Blog world !
Brian ( as Grand Web Master) made myself and Sue Authorized members of HanleyCentral.
Thanks Brian !
I figured I would try to post a few pictures from my Lunar experience this past week. A truly remarkable experience. I put a couple pictures from my album in this note. Here is the link to my pbase album:
(http://www.pbase.com/path/lunareclipse8_28)
If you go to this link - be sure to hit the slide show button in the upper right corner and put the timing between slides as 1 sec.

<------ The Eclipse starts
I need to tell you that I sat out on the back porch ( by the spa) with my new camera ( Canon Rebel XTi) with 300mm lens ( with image stabilizer). NO TRIPOD ( Hand Held only). Took a picture every 2-4 minutes. Mind you it was 4:45 am ( actually went out there about 4:18am to get the camera settings figured out). Just to add to the visual - I was sitting there in my shorts with no shirt and I was barefoot ! (Sorry - As much as you might like to have seen THAT picture posted - it was never taken - I could not take a picture of myself in that condition and I could not get Sue up to take the picture )!! waking Sue up at that hour would have been dangerous !!!!
This is about half way through:
Actual Eclipse time was from about 4:48 am till 5:48 am. And Yes you should be able to guess correctly if you said "I bet Pat was late for work that day" - You would be right - but it was well worth it !
Actual Eclipse time was from about 4:48 am till 5:48 am. And Yes you should be able to guess correctly if you said "I bet Pat was late for work that day" - You would be right - but it was well worth it !Here is a picture with the eclipse
about 70% complete:
One of the things I had to do was to play with the shutter speed as the light got lower - so it did get a little blurry later in the eclipse process.I would also share that I did some post processing ( for sizing only) in photoshop LE , just to fill the frame with the Moon image.

I figure I would also put a picture in that was VERY close to the end of the eclipse and here it is
Well - here is my attempt at posting a Movie clip ( actual it is MS movie maker- not a real video clip - but I think you will get the idea) For some reason you hae to hit the Play button two (2) times for it to start ( maybe one of you techies can figure that one out for me):
I would have to say - once I was able to get into the HanleyCentral Blog as a REAL member - it was not that bad to navigate, update, and have some fun, and share with family and friends !
All for now,
Blogger Pat
2 comments:
WOW....I'm the first person to post a comment to Pat's first blog....a day of firsts for "Pat"
Good movie....and good pics
"The other Pat in the family"
(I know it may say Kathleen but I did not have a "Google" account)
Very cool! Nice work dad.
Post a Comment