Sunday, January 6, 2008

First Day of School!

Hi All!
Monday, January 7th will be my first day as a teacher. I spent some time preparing the classroom this weekend and thought I'd post a few pictures of the end result.




'Twas the night before classes resume and all through the school,
not a creature was stirring not even a writing tool.
The posters were hung on the walls with care,
In hopes that the children soon would be there.








The books were nestled all snug on their shelves,
With tales of dragons, astronauts, and elves.
The principal in her suit and I in my sneakers
Had just finished fixing the intercom speakers.










When out in the hallway there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from my desk to see what was the matter.
Out of the classroom I flew like a missile,
Tore open the door, and blew my whistle.










The fluorescent lights on the ceiling above
Gave a washed out appearance to the children who shoved.
When, what do my listening ears did I hear,
But my blaring alarm - just another nightmare.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Kathleen,

Creative !

You Go Girl !!!

Uncle Pat

Kenny said...

Welcome to the 'real world'. Congrats! Also, congrats on your graduation, I watched a little and did things around the house.

Kenny

Unknown said...

Kathleen,

You have many more talents than we've ever known!

Thanks for giving it your best.

Uncle Mike, Aunt Lynn, and Cousin Jamie

Unknown said...

Kathleen,

You have many more talents than we've ever known!

Thanks for giving it your best.

Uncle Mike, Aunt Lynn, and Cousin Jamie